Aquaclear 50 Filter Intake Question/issue

I don't have much experience of HOB filters either (except the one on the Edge, lol), but have you checked that it's sitting level?

Also, sometimes mysterious rattles (in my tanks anyway
rolleyes.gif
) turn out to be not the filter itself, but the fact it's touching a condensation tray or the hood and it's that that's making the noise.

I have an aquaclear 50 and the only noise I hear is the water dropping into the thank.  I have read that the top cover on some of them will rattle as they sometimes don't  seat properly.  Try removing the cover and see if it helps.  Also try a bit of vaseline on the metal shaft of the motor--I read that sometimes quiets it down if noisy.  

I think the aquaclear is a great filter.  When I first set it up,  I found the water was often cloudy.  Now I use 2  pads of filter floss in mine instead of the sponge and the carbon and the tank is crystal clear.

Maybe it's a faulty filter? You could try contacting the company. 

I have tried all of the above, removing the cover makes it a bit more silent as it doesn't amplify the sound coming out of the motor. I can't remove the cover tho as I have two cats who see this as a endless water source. And I don't want my cats to be hanging there.

I have contacted aquaclear and will wait for their answer, hopefully they will help me resolve this, but meanwhile, the only other thing I haven't tried in all of the solutions I found on the web (went through a lot of forums) is to wait a few days and see if it settles down..

The Impeller itself is also brand new, I purchased it two days ago, thinking this might be the root of the problem.

perhaps they'll send you a complete pump assembly

Fishmanic said:
perhaps they'll send you a complete pump assembly
It's no longer under warranty so I doubt that.
Other thing is: I got the filter for free, along with a 46g tank ;)

ask them to send you a new pump or worse case scenario, buy a pump--they're on ebay

I bought a new motor, things is dead quiet! :)

Most reactions

Back