Aquabid

celaeno

Arkangel
Reaction score
i've been browsing through aquabid and none of the pages where you have to enter personal information (such as full name, address, and phone number) have a padlock.

why do people use aquabid if it's insecure? they're taking a big risk imo.

i've been browsing through aquabid and none of the pages where you have to enter personal information (such as full name, address, and phone number) have a padlock.

why do people use aquabid if it's insecure? they're taking a big risk imo.

Any connection to the Internet which does not use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) or TSL (Transport Layer Security) is at risk of being intercepeted. This is because the data being sent is not Encrypted.

Put very simply the reason most sites do not require SSL\TLS connections is because someone spying on the connection would either have to manualy splice in to the cable at your home or somewhere downstream or have direct access to one of the servers between yours and the desination. In the normal run of things the only people that would have this access would be your ISP.

It's not all that a big a worry with things such as Aquabid where you are not enetring information such as your address or card details but I thinks it's more of a perception issue. I would expect any site\onlien service where transactions are made to have some degree of security.

At the end of the day it's a judgement call. Do you trust your connection and the site you are giving your data to. Eveyone who signed up on this forum is trusting that the Owner\Mods will not sell their email addresses. We all use the forum because we trust that they will not do that. If you trust Aquabid don't worry!

Most reactions

Back