Aqua-one 850(165litre) Tank Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

fishyfun&fans

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So today my Partner and I Purchased a Pre-owned Aqua-one ah850!:D

this will be my next Project also my current fishes New Home eventually(7 assorted Mollies 1 Powder Dwarf Gourami and 1 Siamese Algae Eater)

As Iā€™ve Posted before I Have this Idea For a Sunken Plane Based Riverbed Tank well planted but with ample swimming space ect

The tank is Due to Arrive tommorow i will be doing a Fairly Quick cycle with live bacteria(a few days to a Week) also using some of the old tanks ornaments ect to speed the cycle up adding existing plants and purchasing more in the near future

the tank comes equipped with T8 Tubes that I plan to Retro Fit LEDS eventually(advice grateful)

it comes with a Powerhead driven filter and twin compartment Trickle-Bar media set up at the back(I may need tips on this system as Iā€™ve always used internals until now)

Photos will be added when Iā€™ve set things up and my pet store will be water testing for me for a couple of weeks or so after set up

Hereā€™s a Quick Recap of a the Crudely Drawn Tank plan for the original 125litre set up obviously Iā€™ll be adding more as I go along being a bigger tank
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

this will be my next Project also my current fishes New Home eventually(7 assorted Mollies 1 Powder Dwarf Gourami and 1 Siamese Algae Eater)

As Iā€™ve Posted before I Have this Idea For a Sunken Plane Based Riverbed Tank well planted but with ample swimming space ect

The tank is Due to Arrive tommorow i will be doing a Fairly Quick cycle with live bacteria(a few days to a Week) also using some of the old tanks ornaments ect to speed the cycle up adding existing plants and purchasing more in the near future

the tank comes equipped with T8 Tubes that I plan to Retro Fit LEDS eventually(advice grateful)

it comes with a canister filter and media set up at the back(I may need tips on this system as Iā€™ve always used internals until now)

Photos will be added when Iā€™ve set things up and my pet store will be water testing for me for a couple of weeks or so after set up

Hereā€™s a Quick Recap of a the Crudely Drawn Tank plan for the original 125litre set up obviously Iā€™ll be adding more as I go along being a bigger tankView attachment 147173View attachment 147173
Cant wait to see it startup!

The Cycle has started bacteria added next week the ornaments fish plants ect will be added being pre owned Iā€™m using the old filter media for now eventually I plan to breed zebra Plecos for the Lfs that supplied the tank too
A95A87B7-9CD6-4ED6-A627-370C9AE2AD02.jpeg
62218AC6-B3BD-479E-836D-F4B866A03AD2.jpeg

Last edited:
Yesterdayā€™s bacterial bloom
031DE108-7971-4B36-A197-20C6BF77EC49.jpeg

031DE108-7971-4B36-A197-20C6BF77EC49.jpeg

Followed by todayā€™s crystal clear tank!
FF9F8F51-03FE-4BE4-A74C-7472225C6D2F.jpeg

FF9F8F51-03FE-4BE4-A74C-7472225C6D2F.jpeg

Thereā€™s still lots of Live plants to buy

some rocks to build up the rockery to collect(and Clean Thoroughly)

more gravel to go in to raise the gravel bed and of course the Airplane to go in the sand to acquire

Ammonia 0ppm nitrate 0ppm nitrite 0ppm

All fish seem content and find the sand fascinating(theyā€™ve never had sand before now)

a fish give birth in the new tank on day 2!D504E73E-0C7F-49A5-B9AA-BF1E9FE96086.jpeg

Attachments

• 8B387C1B-EA8D-4911-91E1-063A5248AC25.jpeg
    8B387C1B-EA8D-4911-91E1-063A5248AC25.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 62
Congrats on the fry...prepare for many more....livebearers breed prolifically

Get a black background on the tank, something as simple as black posterboard, cut to fit the back glass, and taped or clipped on...it will make the fish more comfortable, and the contents of the tank will stand out much better

I plan to add a slim fit 3D background eventually Iā€™m working on it at the moment finding one

I might end up blacking it out if I canā€™t find a good safe background

And thank you Slaphappy

Iā€™ve had a couple of generations of fry so far since starting my first tank 6 months ago

I plan to add a slim fit 3D background eventually Iā€™m working on it at the moment finding one
A black bin bag is very cheap and will help the fish settle until you find the background you want.

Very cheap and really not great looking haha I will find something soon they seem ok now though and have a white wall as a background so pretty plain plus the room lights are always low

You could always use some Fablon self adhesive backing (sticky back plastic)...dead easy to cut and apply and very inexpensive...and available at all supermarkets, hardware shops and online

it comes with a Powerhead driven filter and twin compartment Trickle-Bar media set up at the back(I may need tips on this system as Iā€™ve always used internals until now)

Hereā€™s a Quick Recap of a the Crudely Drawn Tank plan for the original 125litre set up obviously Iā€™ll be adding more as I go along being a bigger tankView attachment 147173View attachment 147173
Canā€™t wait for pics when you get it going!

I might end up blacking it out if I canā€™t find a good safe background

And thank you Slaphappy

Iā€™ve had a couple of generations of fry so far since starting my first tank 6 months ago
I gave up on a 3D background for my 90 G tank. I needed the kind that could be added to a tank without removing the fish. Turns out that model reduces bottom area & would have to be cut to fit around the weir for the sump tank. Think they are all custom made from this particular company, but my needs upped the estimate to over $500 & it just didnā€™t seem worthwhile. Please let me know what you decide on. They were gorgeous.

So i Scrapped the Sunken Aircraft idea and decided on somthing a little more natural Photos to follow

tank inhabitents include 5 Neon Tetra 5 Cardinal Tetra 1 Flying Fox 1 Albino Bristlenose 1 Regular Bristlenose 6 various Mollies(all fin types and colours) and 4 Swordtails and around 40-50 fingernail sized mixed Mollie and Swordtail Fry

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back