Aqua Clear 70 With Ammonia Remover

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Mellis67

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this? I have a 38 gallon tank that is in a fish-in cycle and I've had to do a water change every day. Swapped the carbon cartridge that came with the unit for the ammonia remover. 4 hours later I tested the tank and for the first time it tested at zero ammonia zero nitrites and minimal nitrates let's say under 10. I am just curious if I use this in my filter if these are typical results and if they are how will I know when the cycling is complete? Aqua Clear states that it has "cycle guard" technology that ensures it won't interfere with cycling but how will I know the tank has cycled? Thanks...

A lot of people don't like ammonia removing media. There is a misconception that your bacteria will die off due to lack of ammonia (food) but that depends on where you put the ammonia remover. As long as your bacterial media comes first in the flow, the bacteria will have access to ammonia before it is removed by the chemical media.

I've never used this method myself however, but I am sure other members have experience.

Hmmm. The aqua clear catridge box for the ammonia remover had me put it in the middle with the biomax at the top. I think I will swap the and put the bio media before the ammonia remover to make sure there is always some food for the bacteria...

Most reactions

Back