Aq Advisor

I used that site a few months back (and did not get malware), and I would encourage people to use it as just another tool in your toolbox. But getting help from this forum, I think, is the most important tool, and you supplement with other things like the calculators and that site. I found AQ Ad helpful to point out possible fish incompatibilities, which led me to do additional research.

What's Malware? When it can read your info?

Malware is an umbrella term for generally bad software. Mal as in "malicious". It covers all sorts of stuff you pretty much don't want on your computer -- trojans, key loggers, data loggers, worms, viruses, etc. etc. Some of them are sophisticated to download personal info (like credit card numbers) and distribute them. Some of them are little more than annoyances. In general, if a site has them for any significant period of time, it should be avoided at all cost. Any site can get them for a short time, but this one was infected for weeks and weeks.

At this time, I think it is safest just to keep it black listed -- better safe than sorry.

Most reactions

Back