April Fish Of The Month Competition Entries

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
TallTree01 said:

No, wasn't knocking the entry, was away from the forum for a while, so was unaware of the previous entries.
I know on some forums, they get sticky about entries.
For my part, Spouse, like I said, works for me.
Anyway, good looking fish. Good luck.

It's not that you yourself have said something, anyone could have said it, just that it has suddenly been said. Like I say, not accusing you of anything, I wouldn't do that, but I just kind of feel people are trying to stop me having a chance in the comp.
Like I say, no accusations or hard feelings... Just me being me
laugh.png
I know that idlove to see that seahorse out of the comp. perhaps then spike stands a chance lol. If I acted then I'd be a bad sport so I just need to hope for the best.
smile.png

See I can understand people not wanting the seahorse to be in but the seahorse still has to face the fact that I never do well in the comps no matter what I enter and the fact that no-one really likes me on here :lol:
I personally reckon your pleco has more chance than my seahorse because of the two above issues.

photo6_zpsafe821ee.jpg

She's the one under the heater
wink.png
photo5_zps1aff5ea2.jpg

P.S I know she is missing most of her dorsal fin, she was a rescue fish and came to me like this. She's my favourite fish btw :).

Paradise<3 said:

No, wasn't knocking the entry, was away from the forum for a while, so was unaware of the previous entries.

It's not that you yourself have said something, anyone could have said it, just that it has suddenly been said. Like I say, not accusing you of anything, I wouldn't do that, but I just kind of feel people are trying to stop me having a chance in the comp.
laugh.png
I know that idlove to see that seahorse out of the comp. perhaps then spike stands a chance lol. If I acted then I'd be a bad sport so I just need to hope for the best.
smile.png

See I can understand people not wanting the seahorse to be in but the seahorse still has to face the fact that I never do well in the comps no matter what I enter and the fact that no-one really likes me on here
laugh.png

I personally reckon your pleco has more chance than my seahorse because of the two above issues.

Regardless of personal issues, if people are playing the game properly, and on the poll thread see only a photo of a fish with a number, there's no way your seahorse won't win. I usually don't read the 'entry' thread for these, just the 'poll' thread - as I'm sure many other people also do - so would have no idea which photo belongs to which member.

If it's true that you never do well in the comps on here, then may I be the first to congratulate you on your first win - with an absolute beauty of a photo.

JenJ said:

laugh.png
smile.png

See I can understand people not wanting the seahorse to be in but the seahorse still has to face the fact that I never do well in the comps no matter what I enter and the fact that no-one really likes me on here
laugh.png

Regardless of personal issues, if people are playing the game properly, and on the poll thread see only a photo of a fish with a number, there's no way your seahorse won't win. I usually don't read the 'entry' thread for these, just the 'poll' thread - as I'm sure many other people also do - so would have no idea which photo belongs to which member.

If it's true that you never do well in the comps on here, then may I be the first to congratulate you on your first win - with an absolute beauty of a photo.

You can go through all the ones I've entered if you'd like, including the March one and you'll see I get a max of 2-3 votes sometimes I get none at all. There's still time ;) Someone could enter a nice marine fish of there own if they'd like and knock the seahorse completely out.

@TOS: Thank-You :) It seems I tend to be disliked by people on the forum by a lot of people. 

I'm not well liked here either, Paradise, but I just keep plugging along. 
drunk.gif

This Old Spouse said:
I'm not well liked here either, Paradise, but I just keep plugging along. 
drunk.gif

That me that passed out? :p

Yeah, I keep going. Doubt I get listened to a lot but I try.

I don't think this is a popularity contest.  People choose the photo they like best, that's all there is to it.

When I vote I'm looking for photographic skills, sharpness of focus, picture composition and attention to detail as well as an interesting subject.  I'll vote for a skillful photograph of an animal moving in action over one that is half-asleep or at rest.  For example, see This Old Spouse's excellent action photo of her dog in this month's PotM - that easily got my vote, although your lizard was a close second for me.  I actually preferred your verification shot of the lizard as I felt it was a superior photo, it showed off the detail on her scales with great clarity and captured an almost wistful expression.

Your sea horse photo is good but do try to get the best angle of your subject, for example in a lot of your shots the sea horse is facing away from the camera.  A detail like that can be the difference between winning and second place.

Okay, I admit it, I hate everybody. Are you both happy now?
@Paradise, at present you have my vote, but I admit I do tend to choose favorites. Fish breeds, not members. So just fair warning my vote may change.
@TOS, option 4 again?

frapadoodle said:
Okay, I admit it, I hate everybody. Are you both happy now?
@Paradise, at present you have my vote, but I admit I do tend to choose favorites. Fish breeds, not members. So just fair warning my vote may change.
@TOS, option 4 again?

Oh I wasn't saying that but if you want to hate me go ahead XD I don't care anymore who hates me or likes me.
Daize: that's because the seahorses are still babies and are new to the tank so are scaredy cats at the minute and runs away when the big scarey camera comes out XD

daizeUK said:
I don't think this is a popularity contest.  People choose the photo they like best, that's all there is to it.

When I vote I'm looking for photographic skills, sharpness of focus, picture composition and attention to detail as well as an interesting subject.  I'll vote for a skillful photograph of an animal moving in action over one that is half-asleep or at rest.  For example, see This Old Spouse's excellent action photo of her dog in this month's PotM - that easily got my vote, although your lizard was a close second for me.  I actually preferred your verification shot of the lizard as I felt it was a superior photo, it showed off the detail on her scales with great clarity and captured an almost wistful expression.

Your sea horse photo is good but do try to get the best angle of your subject, for example in a lot of your shots the sea horse is facing away from the camera.  A detail like that can be the difference between winning and second place.
Personally I pick the winner based on the fish and not the photograph - unfortunately I do feel it has become a fish photo of the month competition.

leighton_87 said:

Personally I pick the winner based on the fish and not the photograph - unfortunately I do feel it has become a fish photo of the month competition.

Yeah, I agree with that.

@Paradise, sorry was a joke. Part of a longer saying of mine. ' I'm not prejudiced, I hate everybody."
No, don't hate, you, TOS....well maybe, just kidding.

@Daize, I agree I go for subject not photo skills.

frapadoodle said:
@Paradise, sorry was a joke. Part of a longer saying of mine. ' I'm not prejudiced, I hate everybody."
No, don't hate, you, TOS....well maybe, just kidding.

@Daize, I agree I go for subject not photo skills.

Nah it's OK. I'm used to it now. I don't care about who hates me or not any more since I got fed up of trying to tally it up. I always vote for the subject not the photo.
However, if I am entered I will usually put a null vote unless I see one that catches my eye excluding mine. I don't count mine as an entry when voting as it would be wrong to vote for my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back