Apple Snail

RoscoMcFish

Reaction score
Just put in a few snails today in my main tank, a couple of apple and zebra snails, was just wondering though, can they turn themselves if they fall or flip over?. Dont want to be interfering with them too much if they can, but then i dont want to leave them on their backs. My oscars have invented some kind of diabolical water sport using one of them as a football. No need to cause them any more stress i dont think.

Just put in a few snails today in my main tank, a couple of apple and zebra snails, was just wondering though, can they turn themselves if they fall or flip over?. Dont want to be interfering with them too much if they can, but then i dont want to leave them on their backs. My oscars have invented some kind of diabolical water sport using one of them as a football. No need to cause them any more stress i dont think.
I think your oscars will eat them soon as they become big enough to. They would eat invertabraes in the wild. I think they can right themselves if they are upside down. You might want to move them soon.

Drew

well the oscars are about a foot in length now, but i'll keep an eye on it, i feed me oscars about 4 or 5 times a day, so they're usually pretty placid once somethings been in the tank for a while apart from tetras lol. Cheers for the info though mate.

well the oscars are about a foot in length now, but i'll keep an eye on it, i feed me oscars about 4 or 5 times a day, so they're usually pretty placid once somethings been in the tank for a while apart from tetras lol. Cheers for the info though mate.
Oh wow, very big already. Oh how I love oscars :drool: Anyway, if they are well fed I dont see it as a problem but I really do think the snails will just start dissapearing one by one....I wonder who dunnit :shifty: Good luck and cheers to you too.

Drew

Most reactions

Back