Apple Snail Digging

nurglespuss

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
South Wales
Hi all,

I recently reduced feeding in my tank, as nitrate had started to appear (now gone),

Anyway, my apple snail has started digging up the sand.

Is this a sign he is hungry?

or is it usualy apple snail behavior?

Thanks
 
I'm not sure; I add algae wafers for mine to eat. They won't mess your tank up too much; you can always add half a one in at a time if you are worried about that.
 
Cheers, yes I bought some of those new dual coloured algae wafers (sorry forget brand name, but recommended by PFK), but the snails/fish barely touched them (had to remove them).

I popped in a slice of weighted apple last night, but it remains untouched this morning.. (I usually use cucumber but thought I mwould try it).

No worries, I'll have to try the wafer again.

Thanks :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top