Apple Ipad Advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigC

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an Apple iPad, (ease of use and portability) I dont want/need 3G
So what would be the best model to go for. Are the processing speeds the same,
16gb, 32gb or 64gb....are these HDD figures
Please advise
Total Apple newbie
Regards
C

i don't really know if the speeds are the same but:
16 gb - $499
32 gb - $599
64 gb - $699
a little expensive, especially because those are the models without 3g.

I would wait a few months, the iPad launched 27 Jan last year and its probable that a new faster version will launch a similar date this year.
What about a Galaxy Tab?
Carl

I would wait a few months, the iPad launched 27 Jan last year and its probable that a new faster version will launch a similar date this year.
What about a Galaxy Tab?
Carl
galaxy tab isnt apple though!
ive heard rumors about an ipad 2, google it maybe

yeh another vote for the galaxy tab cheaper better built and its android :D

uhhhhhhh. no

but they are awesome and have used them many times. whatever apple can make must be better than what android can.1

don't get the 16gb, go for 32 or 64 (if u can afford it

Wow wow wow sweat child of mine!
Information overload there fellas :lol:
First up explain what an android is (for the tablet and for the dummy)
Secondly are these clones reputable and backed up by software and the likes.
Regards
C

They aren't 'clones', the idea is probably highly offensive to those who make them, too.

My mum has a iPad, I've used it a few times. Here's a simple verdict:
It's great for little games, they work perfectly with the touch-screen and the graphics are nice.
If you want to do ANYTHING else, it's a nightmare. The controls are unresponsive and slow, the typing is a huge pain in the #16#####... I tried writing an email to an old tutor of mine, it took me FIVE attempts to write it, even then it was full of spelling mistakes that it wouldn't let me correct, and it never actually got sent.

Look into a ViewSonic ViewPad 10, it's a #40## sight cheaper than most of these hunks of junk, as well as the fact it can run your familiar Windows 7 on it, alongside Android.

If you don't know what Android is, to most people it's basically the same thing as the iPad, but made by Google.

I like the iPad. Sure, its not something I want, because I already have an iPod Touch. It's not something I would ever use. Typing on my iPod is not that hard to do, so having a bigger keyboard would make it easier. The touch screen is very responsive, but not overly so. They are fast. They use a Retina Display (I believe), which is what is on my iPod and it is a seriously awesome display. They are built well, and light weight, and feel very natural in your hand. I have not seen or used the Galaxy tab, but I would find it hard to beat the iPad. I am sure it has good specs ect. but the way the iPad is put together in one machine that feels almost like an extension to yourself is unparalleled. A kid came to our church with an Android based tablet a while back. It SUCKED. I do not think it was the galaxy, but boy was it horrible. I would have rather had a 1st gen iPod touch. The screen they used was VERY unresponsive. I would definitely wait until february to get an iPad as Apple must be having a new one come out soon. It's called planned obsoleteness in which the plan on having the product outdated in a years time. Apple is very good at that.

uhhhhhhh. no

but they are awesome and have used them many times. whatever apple can make must be better than what android can.1

I can only hope for the sake of humanity you are being sarcastic, however from your previous posts you look like you're being serious. :rolleyes:

How do I reach these kidz?

The whole pricing concept for Apples products would offend anyone with a brain, the pricing incremental increase for a mere 64gb over a 8gb or what not is just horrific. If you've never actually had to use the system for more than a few hours you won't really know much. In fact I will admit to being sad enough to attempt to buy an iPad until I was using it in the shop and realised the buttons wouldn't click, I couldn't use it to phone people and that it was pretty much 4 x iPhones taped together.

The Galaxy tab... never used one, however if it's anything to go by the quality of the Samsung Galaxy S for then it should be something that goes down in history as one of the best palmtop designed gadget. Android is a superior operating system, I think this is purely down to the fact so many people are able to make apps for free and the market place is growing at an exponential rate.

In all honestly to the OP, if you don't need 3G or any sort of connectivity other than WiFi. Why don't you simply go for a palmtop or even a swivel/touch screen laptop? They will no doubt be cheaper, much more compatible and a actually have a hell of a lot more functions, it's really a no brainer when you think about it.

Sorry I just read this too...

I am sure it has good specs ect. but the way the iPad is put together in one machine that feels almost like an extension to yourself is unparalleled

I don't really understand this, I'm pretty sure all phones/palmtops etc are all put together in one piece to make a phone?

An extension to yourself? A large unnaturally shaped block with a poorly keyboard, limited functionality with comparison to other products for a similar price and size. What you are buying into is another fad from Apple which require you to sell your son and your own kidney to use it.

There is absolutely nothing revolutionary about any of Apples products, if you look at the prices and compare them to anything else, in fact look at the release dates they're all similar. They are NOT clones.

I truly believe the only way Apple have been successful is because of the massive amounts of money spent on advertisement making people brainless and dumb when it comes to buying decisions by making apple products look like a "trend".

I should stop here... otherwise I will rant even more about Apples business method, the whole purchasing from itunes in reality is renting the song from them etc.

When you pick it up , it just feels natural (well as natural as an electronic device can get). It isn't a burden to use. It's quick, responsive, does what you need it to do (depending on what you need it for), and looks good. Same thing for the iPod Touch. It just "flows" I guess is how I would put it. I have picked up the Zune HD and used it. I don't like it as much as I do the iPod Touch. Also, I don't own an iPad and I find the keyboard easy to use. What's wrong with it? I think you are overly biased on hating Apple, therefore unable to realize that not all of their products suck as bad as you think they do. I like apple products, if I was not going to edit videos and use OS X, I would have bought a PC. That's only if I were to use it for internet and word. I have used both PC's and Mac's and I definatley prefer macs. It's not that I was raised on them, it's just i prefer them on ease of use, speed, programs only they run, and looks. I will soon add the Mac App store to my list (I think it's a great idea).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back