Apistogramma...

FishNiX

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a cichlid and I can't remember his name...

Is there an Apistogramma Spinosa? I am fairly certain that the guy at my LFS said "Something Spinosa"...

He is supposedly mostly non-aggressive and he seems to get along well with everyone else in the tank... I'll post some pics when I can!

Thanks!

actually, after doing a bit more research, i think he called it "altispinosa", but wouldnt there be more to it than that?

thanks!

dun think so because altispinosa is not an apistogramma. altispinosa refers to bolivian rams. maybe if you posted some pics we could help u id it :)

hey all- managed to snap a couple ok shots of him...but he doesnt like to stand still..

i will try to take a few more!

thanks

sm_cichlid.jpg

looks like a ram to me I wouldn't be to sure though cause I don't keep them.

i think it was 7.99... i think that they called it an "Altispinosa Cichlid" which i dont think is correct...

here is another photo...even though its much blurier, i think its more representative of his actual shape....

sm_cichlid01.jpg

they're called Papiliochromis/Microgeophagus altispinosa. i don't know if that price is reasonably for a bolivian ram over there.

thanks!! im not sure about the price either, but this LFS is really good...very nice fish, i've almost never seen a floater (dead) or a sickly looking fish. im happy to pay a little more for really nice fish... (although not 2 or 3 times as much!)

that is about three dollers more than the regular priced bolivian ram where i am from

just got a pair of rams. price wise very different from u guys because fish here in singapore are generally much much cheaper. my friend's dad helped me pick out a pair from the whole tank of them. settled in quite well. not aggressive to each other but i found 2 of my cories with nipped dorsals.

Most reactions

Back