Api Tap Water Conditioner

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This is why I've always preferred the syphon and bucket method rather than the hose method

I have a lid for the tub, I add declorinator, Power head and heater then let it all sit for 24 hours. When its ready I just attach a hose to the power head and pump the water into the tank.

I am pre heating and treating the water for my Betta tank.
2a5wvbo.jpg

NickAu said:

This is why I've always preferred the syphon and bucket method rather than the hose method

I have a lid for the tub, I add declorinator, Power head and heater then let it all sit for 24 hours. When its ready I just attach a hose to the power head and pump the water into the tank.

I am pre heating and treating the water for my Betta tank.
2a5wvbo.jpg

I couldn't begin to do anything like this, with several hundred gallons of water being changed each week.  My house would need another room for the tubs.
rofl.gif

Seriously though, there should be no need for something like this, unless of course your water from the tap (or well) is not good for fish without some adjustment/preparation.

Byron.

I know I know, I was about to add Indian almond leaf teabag to it.

On the big tank I do a similar thing with a 44 gallon drum, I just do not like the idea of putting untreated and un heated water in the tanks.

NickAu said:

On the big tank I do a similar thing with a 44 gallon drum, I just do not like the idea of putting untreated and un heated water in the tanks.

This is fine, I wasn't saying contrary, only pointing out to others that it is not necessary to go to such lengths unless you have problem water.  As for heat, why not use hot water mixed with cold?

Byron said:

This is fine, I wasn't saying contrary, only pointing out to others that it is not necessary to go to such lengths unless you have problem water.  As for heat, why not use hot water mixed with cold?

I have the drums and power heads all plumbed in from the basement. I must get photos of the setup one day, Plus sometimes the water stinks of Chlorine.

I heat my fresh water using the hot and cold taps and I tend to check the temp with my hand - I tend to get it fairly close the temp this way. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back