Api Nitrite Test Kit Question

littlest

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
UK
The other day I posted about having 1ppm of nitrite, but when I was doing a test yesterday I realised I had 0.5ppm the last time. I noticed that I have never actually seen a test result of 1ppm or 2ppm of nitrite with the API test kit. I've done fishless cycling a couple of times. I've seen up to 0.5 and I've seen 5ppm, and I've seen off the chart, but never the pink colours of 1ppm and 2ppm. Just wondering if anyone else has. It seems odd to me as I've done an awful lot of nitrite tests in the past couple of years. Maybe my test is dodgy? How long do they last? my lot number says: 26A1205 - what does this mean?
 
that lot number means that the kit was manufactured in december 2005. it will expire in 4 years in december 2009.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top