Anything to be concerned about ?

Unknownfuture

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 31, 2020
Messages
92
Reaction score
52
Points
18
Location
Newport
Just seen this thing on my biggest discus. The other ten are fine.
It’s eating like a beast, no change in behaviour. Looks like a skin tag. Weird.
 

Attachments

  • D2726FD7-0C91-412D-94A7-B9704575BD49.webp
    D2726FD7-0C91-412D-94A7-B9704575BD49.webp
    232.5 KB · Views: 156
  • A57D813A-6AE7-4D5C-B1A1-4EA822B25101.webp
    A57D813A-6AE7-4D5C-B1A1-4EA822B25101.webp
    140.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 3FB536AB-9597-4370-AA11-F0D99F12F1E0.webp
    3FB536AB-9597-4370-AA11-F0D99F12F1E0.webp
    140.8 KB · Views: 106
"Anything to be concerned about?"

Concern is a Good Thing. I'd keep a close eye on it. A new parasite is likely to grow a little and/or multiply.
Bonny fish, by the way.
 
Whatever it was is now gone. Weird but you fish owners know what it’s like when you see a slight change in behaviour or look of the fish. Panic stations 😂
 

Attachments

  • 723F8634-0634-4270-A1AD-BDDEE44CE254.webp
    723F8634-0634-4270-A1AD-BDDEE44CE254.webp
    190.4 KB · Views: 91
Whatever it was is now gone. Weird but you fish owners know what it’s like when you see a slight change in behaviour or look of the fish. Panic stations 😂
I've recently added wood shrimp to a tank.
I had a minor freak-out this morning, when I noticed white spots on the side of one of them.
Then I noticed that they had the same pattern of spots on the other side.
Doh! :oops:
 
Bigger cichlids now and then show bacterial nodes. These nodes can indicate environmental stress (waterquality) but sometimes they appear and disappear on their own.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top