Anyone Used This Ebay Seller For A Tank

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hope its ok to ask this here, if not, sorry.

Im currently looking at getting a corner tank, this seller, joshuaxavier on ebay has one the right size for over half the price of a juwel the same size, Im just wondering if anyone has used this seller because Im concerned about the quality of the tank and stand, not so much the seller themselves as they appear to have decent enough feedback. I know its usually a case of you get what you pay for, I dont want to 'save' lots of money to find its a badly made tank and cheaply made stand that could end up dumping 100g of water all over my lounge!!

Any help would be appreciated.
 
I'm afraid I havent used the seller, but I'd be a bit wary. I've just looked at one of the corner tanks and noticed the filters supplied with them are cheap chinese models. I'm not sure if the tanks or stands are chinese made but I'd be a bit comprehensive regarding the build quality. As you said you get what you pay for.

Andy
 
Oh I wouldnt use the filter, got plenty of my own externals to use, but thanks for the heads up :)
 
is t eh tank used? or is this some sort of custom/ unknown brand tank? if your going to get it you could always ask him to show you it filled? may seem odd whilst your there but may save you a wet floor.
 
Hey Minx, My current tank was purchased from him on the 23 jan this year (just been through my ebay feedback to double check)

I've had no problems at all with the tank and only a minor problem with one of the cabinet doors not attaching to the cabinet, (although that is more likely down to my cabinet building skills) but In all I'd say they are worth the money you pay and I would not hesitate to buy from them again,

I also know gilli from here has also purchased a tank from him with no problems that i have heard of.


this seems to be the exact tank i have, although the stand is slightly different, (mine doesn't have the 2 metal poles and obviously isn't in orange?

AD1270-orage-1.jpg
 
Seems ok then. I wasnt so much slating the filter, more like just stating that if the filter was chinese made, then the cabinets could be. I run a business on ebay which is non fish related but have regular dealings with several chinese manufacturers from which I import goods and I've seen first hand in the past that many unbranded chinese items have poor build quality.

If other members have had good experience in the past with this seller then go for it :good:

Andy
 
Hey Minx, My current tank was purchased from him on the 23 jan this year (just been through my ebay feedback to double check)

I've had no problems at all with the tank and only a minor problem with one of the cabinet doors not attaching to the cabinet, (although that is more likely down to my cabinet building skills) but In all I'd say they are worth the money you pay and I would not hesitate to buy from them again,

I also know gilli from here has also purchased a tank from him with no problems that i have heard of.


this seems to be the exact tank i have, although the stand is slightly different, (mine doesn't have the 2 metal poles and obviously isn't in orange?

AD1270-orage-1.jpg


I thought it was you that had one, but wasnt sure :P

Sounds like it might be a good option then if both you and Gilli have had no problems, certainly alot cheaper for the same size Juwel. Thanks for letting me know :D

@ Liam50, its a brand new tank mate, they dont to my knowledge have any set up.
 
Also i should add i went through his feedback with a fine toothed comb before i purchased mine as i was also skeptical of the quality but found that all the tanks purchased had positive reviews
 
Yeah Ive went thru looking for the tank feedbacks as most of it is private fb, cant find anything bad, just wanted reassurance that something nasty didnt go wrong with them after they had been set up for a while, thanks again :D
 
Not a tank but I bought a hutch for my partners guinea pigs through them earlier this year. We had problems with the courier losing the first parcel sent, but they resolved it quickly and without any hassle, and the hutch is a good quality model.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top