Anyone Here Been A Movie Extra?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Liam50

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hey guys i've just finished working as an extra in the movie les mis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5UStefYmE and i was curious if anyone else here as any movie story experiences or stories?

I was in a Norman Wisdom film in the 60's.
I've watched it several times, but never seen myself, must've been cut. :(
It was filmed just down the road from me

I haven't personally but years ago a few of my friends were extras in 'First Knight' because they knew the people who were supplying the horses and they needed riders.

Years before that my husband's ex-wife's father was an extra in 'Far From The Madding Crowd' and apparently got some lines.

I've been an extra in a TV show but not a movie. I worked on "Green Wing" but sadly my scenes all got cut!

i know two people who are regular extras in programs like corrie, dr who, only fools and horses and loads others, they've done some films too but ive not seen them, my freind who is often in dr who is often a alien of some kind so i wouldnt reconise him any way :lol:

Oh that's so neat! I saw the trailer for les mis the other day, looks like it's going to be amazing! Such an awesome cast, directors, producers...can't wait :)

Oh that's so neat! I saw the trailer for les mis the other day, looks like it's going to be amazing! Such an awesome cast, directors, producers...can't wait :)

it was a very fin experience as i'm a student and its very good money for what you're actually expected to do as i have no acting experience! i managed to be in a scene with quite a few of the big names which was sweet.

Does being wanted in Crimewatch count? :fun:

I was an extra in some daft film that was being cast near where I used to live. They wanted to do a scene in my local pub at that time and all the regulars were asked if they would just act 'normal'. Now this wasn't a 'normal' pub. No one could ever get barred from it. There was no such thing as closing time, people often fell asleep in there and ended up sleeping on the chair all night and females stripping to the waist on the pool table was common.
The people making the film said they would buy us as much alcohol as we could consume that day and we all agreed.
I cannot remember the name of the film, nor do I know if it ever went any further. Never heard of it since.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back