Anyone Got Poison Dart Frogs?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

de clor water is fine and what i used for years. The top of the terra is mesh so it wont keep the humidity in. you can take the viv to a glass cutter and get them to make a glass lid which is the best way as it also will be fly proof, it cost me £20 to have made. if you short on cash you can go getto and cover the top in cling film it works very well but is no looker :good:
lights i use the the std exo hood with 16w repti glow, just be carfull you dont get a light that will fry them :good:

I have some glass cutters and some left over glass from the sump i built so i can probably manage to make the glass lid myself. Cheers for the help make much appreciated. Might be calling on u again in the near future :)

hey mate hows it? Going to order heat mat and light tonight. Just wondering if this heat mat will be suitable http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/reptile-supplies/reptile-equipment/reptile-heating/exo-terra-rainforest-heatwave-mat-small.html? Im only setting up an ET 30x30x30 atm to house a single frog just until I get into the swing of things then i'l go bigger :) Also do you lay the heat mat under the clay pellets or stick it to the back of the tank behind the background? Thanks

yep thats the mats i use, they are for external use only for frogs they need to be stuck on the bottom side/back of the tank. dont forget you will need a thermostat to stop it overheating the tank.

shame your not closer im selling my big exo 45x45x60 next month fully kitted out.

ok so the mat goes on the outside of the tank on the back awesome :) it is a shame im not closer what have you been housing in it Dart frogs, Do u have any pics of it set up? What sort of substrate are you using and do u just lay it over the clay pellets? And the final thing does the light you use have to produce heat or can you use a standard T8 aquarium light unit? So many questions lol.I managed to pick up a thermomitor and heat regulator for £30 on wightbay :D thanks

ok so the mat goes on the outside of the tank on the back awesome :) it is a shame im not closer what have you been housing in it Dart frogs, Do u have any pics of it set up? What sort of substrate are you using and do u just lay it over the clay pellets? And the final thing does the light you use have to produce heat or can you use a standard T8 aquarium light unit? So many questions lol.I managed to pick up a thermomitor and heat regulator for £30 on wightbay :D thanks

T5 & T8 are to hot the frogs will prob try to sleep on there and die, i use approc 3 inch of clay balls then put the eco soil on top then i cover it with treated oak leaves.

3 of my diff viv pics

DSCF1951.jpg

DSCF1706.jpg

DSCF1606.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

DSCF2119-1.jpg

very nice mate cant wait to get mine up and running :good: went with the Exo Terra Repti Glo 2.0 Full Spectrum Compact for the light. Whats the best place online to order frogs from?

Best thing to do join a dartfrog forum and find local breeders i got 4 frogs for £100 online they would have been £300 odd :)

awesome thats what I will do, they are expensive for what they are some websites charging £200 for 2 frogs. Ive got everything I need now other than the clay balls to go under the substrate I cant find them anywhere?

awesome thats what I will do, they are expensive for what they are some websites charging £200 for 2 frogs. Ive got everything I need now other than the clay balls to go under the substrate I cant find them anywhere?

http://www.dartfrog.co.uk/equipment/landscape.html :good:

awesome gunna get all the tank decor and everything from there on payday, then my next purchase will be a frog :) cheers for all the help mate appreciate it

awesome gunna get all the tank decor and everything from there on payday, then my next purchase will be a frog :) cheers for all the help mate appreciate it

No worries, prob would not buy his frogs but anything else is all good :)

hey mate got a quick question for u :) I set all the equipment up and plugged it in for a test run. Keep in mind it is still an empty viv with no substrate or deco. I left the heatmat running for hours over night and in the morning it had only managed to rise the temp of the tank to 19/20degrees but it then soon fell back down to room temp! Do I need to have substrate in the viv for the heatmat to work properly. I asked on a from forum but no replys as of yet. Dont think they like noobs :)

The heat mat will just keep on but will be cut off by the thermostat whats the temp on the thermostat?

I guess with all things in you might get a 1c better maybe. I found i had to get a bigger heat matt then suggested also things like windows,doors (placement) effects vivs far more then fish tanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back