Anyone Ever "recieved An Electric Shock"

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Torrean

The Hairy Potter
Reaction score
Someone in another thread said that they would be worried if the hood and lights fell into the tank because of electrocution. I've had this happen to me...the whole hood didn't fall in though. So I was wondering if anyone else had "recieved and electric shock from there lighting system when it fell into their fishtank. Any other electric shock stories are welcome. Kinda a cheap and slightly sadistic laugh at others expense but it could turn out to be a valuable lesson to someone who would've learned the hard way.

wasnt in the water but i couldnt reach a plug when moving tanks around once so i jus cut the wire off.

well eventually i could reach the plugs and stuck my hand back there to get them out, totally forgetting about the 3" stub of live wire sticking out the plug.

caught me on the wrist. got a nasty shock, dont kno how it wasnt alot worse.

I have when I was wiring up my snake lights wasn't pleasant and I don't want to do it again.

The funnier story was when I got a second hand tank and it came with an extremely badly wired cable tidy so i am bust trying to get the lights to go on with the cable tidy cover off and wanted to press the switch down while I adjusted the light. "here dad hold this" so he took it and must have touched the screw underneath while pressing the switch. I was not popular :lol:

Needless to say each peice of equipment has since been remove from the tidy and fitted with its own plug.

Ian has, saltwater is much more conductive than freshwater, when we got our new skimmer we didn't quite get it adjusted right at first (they're an absolute bugger to set right for those who haven't ever had one) and overnight it half drained the tank and dumped saltwater all over the electrics. The heater was then half out of the water and shattered and cos it was still plugged in it made the whole tank live. When we found it and started sorting it out Ian got a few nasty shocks just from touching the water!

Ive been electrocuted by my fish a few times.

Ive been electrocuted by my fish a few times.

Shocking behaviour from the fish!

I have, again from a disaster that poured half a tank of salt water on the electics. At 3am having just woken up, I plugged something into an extension that was soaked and got a shock. Woke me up!

had a large fish break a heater at work. I didn't notice it untill I had to get ome fish from that tank.

I had this oxygen pump ( which had a chunk of outer-plastic covering missing ) and my friend put his finger into the pump its self ( while it was on and working )... Gave him one hell of a shock! But if you think about it, kinda dum putting your finger into an electrical object while it was on! Oh well, no lasting damage done ( got rid of the pump in the end )

talking of doing stupid things with broken eletrical appliances (not fish related but still stupid)

me and my mates were all round his house and he kinda knocked his tv of the stand and smashed all the top in but the tv was still working, being me i notised a shiney metal thing sticking out of the top and me being cleaver we all started pissing round with it getting nasty shocks really pinful but carried on untill my mate got a big nasty 1 wher the eletric shot about an inch to get him he jumped and knocked the tv over smashing it compleatly, needless to say we tryed to fix it without unplugging it . but with no sucess lol could have ben serious tho :S

Pedantic sod that I am, no-one who has been electrocuted can write anything on here as they would be dead :)

You have all had electric shocks, but have not been electrocuted

So saying, when I was three I decided to plug myself into the mains and blew myself down the stairs!!!!!

The funnier story was when I got a second hand tank and it came with an extremely badly wired cable tidy so i am bust trying to get the lights to go on with the cable tidy cover off and wanted to press the switch down while I adjusted the light. "here dad hold this" so he took it and must have touched the screw underneath while pressing the switch. I was not popular :lol:

LMAO! Funny!

You have all had electric shocks, but have not been electrocuted

so your right. I'll change the title of the thread immediatly :good: (had to look that one up thanks for the english lesson)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back