Anyone Ever Heard Of Motor Pike?

Mystil

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Somerset (UK)
Hello Guys

My brother is on about buying one or two of these and I have no clue what they are...all I know is they are called motor pike by the place that sells them.

Anyone have any idea?

Sorry I dont have pictures...
 
No idea...I just thought someone here might have more information about them than I know (which is zilch!)
 
Only place I've heard "motor pike" is in some old fishing jokes: What fish goes upriver at 100 mph? A motor pike. What's the fastest fish on three wheels? A motor pike with a side carp. Trying to google for motor pike brought up a few more I hadn't heard.

I'd get a look at them and a correct ID, since as far as I can find there's nothing actually called a motor pike.
 
How much does your brother know about these fish? Are they coldwater, tropical, freshwater, brackish, marine etc? If he doesn't really know anything about them, advise him not to buy them until he does :nod: .
 
Sounds like a rocket gar. Google it and see if its match to the motor pike which is made up name that lfs give to their fish.
 
You sure you didnt mishear, and he's talking about getting a new Yamaha? :shifty:
 
Nope definately a fish...I think it is coldwater...Might it be a baby pike??

Besides he already has a suzuki 600 so does not want another as far as I am aware!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top