Any Tips?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

onidrase

Let's Be Friends
Reaction score
Hello, I've been becoming bugged by the background on my tank. It's just black plastic thrown on by some duct tape, and it's rather wrinkly and dirty looking. I've been thinking of getting a black static cling on for it instead.

This would also give me a chance to move my tank stand outwards to fit my fluval 406 canister, as its been sitting inside of the stand which seems to be ruining its ability to keep air out of the system due to the kinks in the pipes.

I'm not really sure how I'm going to move a 75 gallon tank full of 125 pounds of sand with live plants though. I'll most likely move all the fish to the other two tanks temporarily while it's all being done, and drain out the tank. I'd rather not have to remove all the sand, that'd be painful.

Any tips on how I should work all this? Thank you.

I would just give it a try with removing the fish and water. Leave your plants planted and try moving it then? Two man job for sure though! :)

I'd drain the tank so there was enough water for the fish to be upright in, then try to slide one end of the tank away from the wall. It may well be light enough to do so.

If it's on a wooden floor it could be quite easy.....on a carpet, not so much, but it will depend on how the stand contacts the floor. Is the entire base sitting flush on it, or is it on feet?

I'd drain the tank so there was enough water for the fish to be upright in, then try to slide one end of the tank away from the wall. It may well be light enough to do so.

If it's on a wooden floor it could be quite easy.....on a carpet, not so much, but it will depend on how the stand contacts the floor. Is the entire base sitting flush on it, or is it on feet?
It's a very thick old carpet, and the situation with the stand is odd. My house is leaning, so my dad put a few planks of wood underneath the left side of the tank to keep the aquarium leveled. So the planks are gonna have to move too. I'm not sure if I can drain it enough to keep the fish inside while I'm moving it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back