Any idea what's up with my goldie?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Bumping because Iā€™m starting to get seriously concerned, this has been happening for over a day now. Sheā€™s my favorite fish, I donā€™t want her to die

I know that I'm not a keeper of cold water fish, but what strikes me most is just how exposed your fish is.
Packing itself into a corner looks like an animal trying to retreat.
You're right, that does kinda look like what shes doing. Thing is, why is she doing it now? Shes been in this tank for just over a year, and the platies have been in for at least two months. If she is panicking, what can I do to help her? I have an empty (except for a nerite) cycled 10g tank with some fake plants that I can move her into, would that help?

You're right, that does kinda look like what shes doing. Thing is, why is she doing it now? Shes been in this tank for just over a year, and the platies have been in for at least two months. If she is panicking, what can I do to help her? I have an empty (except for a nerite) cycled 10g tank with some fake plants that I can move her into, would that help?
You've made it clear that the fish isn't panicking and that, apart from its choice to adopt that corner as its favoured spot, there's no real indication of ill health.
There's nothing to be lost by transferring the fish to your empty tank. If it improves, then all's well.
If it doesn't, then at least she'll better placed for whatever other treatment might be prescribed by the resident coldwater fish experts in here.

You've made it clear that the fish isn't panicking and that, apart from its choice to adopt that corner as its favoured spot, there's no real indication of ill health.
There's nothing to be lost by transferring the fish to your empty tank. If it improves, then all's well.
If it doesn't, then at least she'll better placed for whatever other treatment might be prescribed by the resident coldwater fish experts in here.
Iā€™ve had to leave for school, but a video I took this morning showed me trying to nudge her with the net and her just kind of drifting away. She also was laying behind the pirate barrel instead of in the corner, and she didnā€™t eat this morning. Iā€™m stumped.

Oh gosh, I completely forgot to mention this until now. Two out of the three goldfish that have died have gone to this corner of the tank before passing away. One was directly behind a plant, which is where she is now, and one was in the corner. This is part of why I'm freaking out. One had what I am now sure was dropsy, and the other had a severe swim bladder problem.

Oh gosh, I completely forgot to mention this until now. Two out of the three goldfish that have died have gone to this corner of the tank before passing away. One was directly behind a plant, which is where she is now, and one was in the corner. This is part of why I'm freaking out. One had what I am now sure was dropsy, and the other had a severe swim bladder problem.
There is a lot on the internet for you to read and learn about dropsy/swim bladder disease and you need to read and learn it, so hopefully no more fish die.
I did some quick research myself, to try and find something that should be useful for you.
Try this.

There is a lot on the internet for you to read and learn about dropsy/swim bladder disease and you need to read and learn it, so hopefully no more fish die.
I did some quick research myself, to try and find something that should be useful for you.
Try this.
Thank you! After reading that, it looks like I might have better results by moving her to the smaller tank so I don't have to fast my other three as well. Do you recommend starting with the fasting first or the peas first?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back