Any Help Or Advice Guys?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ParsonsD

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys.. Right im not new to the hobby, iv kept fish for a few years, and have 3 tanks running, holding over 300liters of water in each, but... Iv thought about this for a while now, and decided to venture/invest in freshwater rays, now the only real basics i know, are a wide tank is needed, substrate needing to be soft and no objects, also foods.. So yes i am looking for bits and bobs to buy, if people have anything spare? But info first please.. I know the difficulty in keeping these is quite hard, so need the insight first please =]

Water stats, filtration,substrate,tank mates, maturing the tank with what fish? Etc!
Thanks guys! Dean

Can't help you personally, but the moderator called CFC keeps rays and is very knowledgeable and experienced with them, he might be able to help you out with your ray queries :) . All i know about rays is that they're notoriously fragile fish to keep and generally need very large tanks (i think most need a 6x2x2ft tank or larger).

I'd want to go with 30" depth height is not to important and a length of 5 (preferably 6) foot or more for the smaller species like orbigyini, reticulata and true histrix however motoro's although bigger are hardier and would require a bigger tank. You need very good filtration ( around 8 times the volume of the tank through the filter per hour) or more if tankmates are present.
Have a look here as i'm no ray expert but you will meet alot of people with vast experiance on this site:
can't get the link to work so just go to the monster fish keepers site then the ray subforum in the bottom dwelling section.

Thanks pal.. How would i get hold of the mod called CFC? Regards. Dean
hes left the forum ever since the forum went hay wire last week, as a mod banned a member for 2 years for telling someone he would need to get rid of one fish because it would grow to big.

but CFC has left the ship.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back