Any body up for a challenge??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not condone anything that can harm fish on this forum.

Maybe you need to go and help the post " Possible fin rot". I will be interested in reading your solution.
Why? So you can tear it down as you have other posts? Just stick to the subject of what I just said. OK?

Actually, it’s not but we shall see. Good night. :)

I'm finding it hard to swallow that any in tank dechlorination will work fast enough to not have the very highly toxic to fish do absolutely no harm.
It's also worth bearing in mind that the amount of chlorine/chloramine used fluctuates depending on the level of coliforms detected, so in that respect your tap water is not stable.
I'm also wondering how the levels of pheromones and alomones are being kept in check? These also cause the water to drift over time.

I'm finding it hard to swallow that any in tank dechlorination will work fast enough to not have the very highly toxic to fish do absolutely no harm.
It's also worth bearing in mind that the amount of chlorine/chloramine used fluctuates depending on the level of coliforms detected, so in that respect your tap water is not stable.
I'm also wondering how the levels of pheromones and alomones are being kept in check? These also cause the water to drift over time.
In all my years of fish keeping I have never used a dechlorinator. I am asking the question on this site do you need to. The answer doesn't really matter, the fact everybody is thinking about it does. I am willing to help people who want to try to get away from using chemicals in their tanks, will we succeed I don't know, will we learn something, Yes.

I am tempted to set up a tank, but with no livestock, to see what goes on, I will test it to pieces though.
But thinking does change as research trickles into mainstream knowledge, I teach First Aid to children, and so much has changed in 20 years.

I am tempted to set up a tank, but with no livestock, to see what goes on, I will test it to pieces though.
But thinking does change as research trickles into mainstream knowledge, I teach First Aid to children, and so much has changed in 20 years.
Thank you, The test fish on 100 liter system would be something like 6 cherry barbs. The idea is to get the system slightly acid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back