Any body up for a challenge??

itiwhetu

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Is there any body out there who wants to see if we can develop a system that requires us to use no dechlorinating products. Completely natural. It will require you to set up a tank that we would do a series of tests on to check for it's stability. Ultimately leading to a process for aquarists that meant no additives would be needed to be added to the tank.

kwi

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My water has Chloramine in it, how do I get rid of that naturally? It doesn't gas off like chlorine does.

OP
itiwhetu

itiwhetu

Fish Herder
Reaction score
No but, the main ingredient in your dechlorinator is vitamin C which is ascorbic acid. My plan is to set up an acidic soft tank and use that acid to break down the Chloramine

BoomerXIV

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I think most Aquarist in Asian country could do that, since we use well water

OP
itiwhetu

itiwhetu

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Exactly you are not the target audience of this I'm hoping some of the American's or Brit's will jump on. You guys are just fine doing what you are doing. But have a look if you want to. It will be fun. And hopefully we all learn something along the way

mbsqw1d

Fish Gatherer
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
What would this entail?

kwi

Fishaholic
Reaction score
If I get the tank I just found for £45 I would be interested.

OP
itiwhetu

itiwhetu

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Set up a tank. Around 100 liters. with a natural neutral base, plant it, discuss filters, lighting, position, etc. Let it cycle, add fish that have been chosen for their hardiness a suitability. Plan to never add anything else apart from water from your town supply into it.

ClownLurch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This is about being adventurous and trying things just because we can, and seeing where it ends up.
I’m all for that.
Though as my post on the unpopular opinions thread that’s “liked” on a regular basis says “I wish I knew enough to have opinions”. I’m a beginner so wont have much to offer though it could be very very educational and enjoyable for everyone......and a good laugh every now and then.

OP
itiwhetu

itiwhetu

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I’m all for that.
Though as my post on the unpopular opinions thread that’s “liked” on a regular basis says “I wish I knew enough to have opinions”. I’m a beginner so wont have much to offer though it could be very very educational and enjoyable for everyone......and a good laugh every now and then.
Exactly, that's the spirit. This hobby is what we do for fun so lets have a little, see if we can't just make a little science!!

trending

Staff online

Most reactions - Past 7 days