Anubias

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My LFS had 50% off all aquatic plants today so I went ahead and got an Anubias for my driftwood! :) It was only $3.00! I was super tempted to get a BN pleco but I didn't. They're so cute though. :wub:

Attachments

• 20201127_164351~2.jpg
    20201127_164351~2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 61
I picked up a anubias plant also today, Petco had them for 4.99 USD in a small pot.

Attachments

• GEDC1537.JPG
    GEDC1537.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 54
Anubias is awesome I have one myself that’s been in my tank for a while now! :)View attachment 123646I am in the process of aqua scaling so there’s not a LOT of labs yet but there will be ;)
AHAHA SO MANY TYPOS aquascaping* and not a lot of PLANTS yet lol sometimes auto correct is my worst enemy :mad:

@A Fish Named Sue Is that a java fern wendelov in the gravel next to the piece of decor? That needs to be grown attached to decor like anubais......

A lot of people don't realise, that's why I always check ;)

Anubias are awesome! I've been addicted to them lately, a lot of the plants in my 55 are anubias varieties, and got them in my betta tanks too. They're just so sturdy and reliable lol

They are great. Like an investment that pays back slowly but surely. Look best in a group..one of just gets lost. Unless,its a small aquarium. I notice that some people can really get them to grow large leaves and others like me,get lots of Anubias coffeefolia mid sized leaves,never large. It must like really bright light,but not the kind that gets algae all over it..a narrow line. They bloom too..look much like Buce,only not the pure white,only greenish Calla lilies.

I have been buying small anubias plants in little pots lately. Petco had them for 4.99USD. I wonder if they will be alright staying in those little pots over a longer period of time?

Attachments

• GEDC1537.JPG
    GEDC1537.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 46
Not sure Viking. Never seen that before. What I bought at petco almost two years ago were in bags. Being epiphytes,the rock wool is fine..but the pot might not allow aeration at the roots. Most plants sold nowadays are either in those plastic pots that sort of look like a slatted basket or in gel in a bag.
Those must be new. I know that petco had them lower priced than online and I had bought a few A. barteri,A.fraseri,A.nana petite. Still have them..not sure on the A. fraseri,it was not up to the standards of the others. It never grew well and the others have.

Most reactions

trending

Back