Anti Parasite Medicated Fish Food

Mariah said:
cometcattle said:
I was about to buy the medicated parasite food (Jungle), but decided not to.

I was told that if the fish don't eat it immediately, the meds on the food dissolve in the water. :dunno:

The instructions say to treat for 4 weeks. :crazy:
http://www.junglelabs.com/pages/details.asp?item=JF170

I bought the Jungle Fizz tabs instead. I've had good results with their other "non-edible" medications. :thumbs:
Jungle Fizz tablets? Are they safe for fry? How do these work? Could I use the the food and the tablets together for better results? I really don't want my fish to die.... Im sure that my lfs will sell thoese tabs, I can pick some up tomorrow.
I've never actually used the product, but have had good results with their other products.

Here's what I bought:
http://www.junglelabs.com/pages/details.asp?item=TB635

I honestly couldn't tell you if your fry would be OK, sorry. :/

I've heard people say that the Jungle products are a bit milder than other brands of medication.

If I were to treat fry, I'd start with half the recommended dosage.

Good luck, Mariah. :thumbs:

cometcattle said:
Mariah said:
cometcattle said:
I was about to buy the medicated parasite food (Jungle), but decided not to.

I was told that if the fish don't eat it immediately, the meds on the food dissolve in the water. :dunno:

The instructions say to treat for 4 weeks. :crazy: 
http://www.junglelabs.com/pages/details.asp?item=JF170

I bought the Jungle Fizz tabs instead.  I've had good results with their other "non-edible" medications. :thumbs:
Jungle Fizz tablets? Are they safe for fry? How do these work? Could I use the the food and the tablets together for better results? I really don't want my fish to die.... Im sure that my lfs will sell thoese tabs, I can pick some up tomorrow.
I've never actually used the product, but have had good results with their other products.

Here's what I bought:
http://www.junglelabs.com/pages/details.asp?item=TB635

I honestly couldn't tell you if your fry would be OK, sorry. :/

I've heard people say that the Jungle products are a bit milder than other brands of medication.

If I were to treat fry, I'd start with half the recommended dosage.

Good luck, Mariah. :thumbs:
Did you cure your fish using the jungle tabs? How long did it take? Im getting mixed reactions about the jungle brand.
Thanks -_-

canoechiq said:
how does Myacin work? Can it be used on fry?
The Myacin is packaged in little pill capsules. You seperate the two ends and a powder comes out. Here is what the box says:

Dose: Remove Carbon filtration. Open Capsule and introduce powder directly into tank. Use 1 capsule to each 10 NET gallons of aquarium water. Treat every other day for 5 days (3 treatments are suggested). Repeat full treatment in 3 days if necessary.

General Instructions: Myacin is an effective, colorless aid for treatment and preventions of: Molly and Tetra Disease; Fraying fins and body deterioration; popeye; reddened areas or gills; dropsy; furunculosis. Myacin used as directed is all fish safe. Double dose for Marine. Do not use in presence of invertebrates

For best results: Partial water change reccomended before and after treatment. Treatment in quarantine tank is suggested, if several fish are affected use Kanacyn or Neomycin in the community tank. Use Carbon filtration to remove Myacin from tank water.

I couldnt do a quarantine tank, so I just treated the whole tank, and he is showing improvment after 3 doses... I am going to repeat the treatment at least 1 more time.

As for fry... it doesn't say. It says "all fish safe" if used as directed, but I'm not sure if that includes fry. I have 12 barbs/platy 1 year olds in the tank, and they don't seem to show any ill affects from the meds.

Also can I use Maracyn two by Mardel while feeding this food?
The guy at the fist store reccomended using both if I could. My Barb wont go near the food though.

Hope that helps
Also is "Myacin" the same thing as "Maracyn two"?

I have no idea if they are the same. My lfs doesn't have Maracyn 2. Maybe its the same product with 2 different names in Canada and the states. Thats just a guess though.

Maracyn & maracyn 2 are 2 different anti-biotics, 1 affects gram positive bacteria, the other gram negative. Mycin & maracyn have the same ingredient, erythromycyn, while maracyn 2 has minocycline.

I've treated internal parasites by using metronodazole in the water, & sprinkiling a little on some frozen brine shrimp. It's worked every time for me.

Tolak

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back