Answers Needed Quickly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I had a large Synodontis of unknown species a few years back which terrorised my ornate bichir. Each morning i would get up to find large grey patches on the bichirs body where the slime coat had been rasped away but i had no idea who the aggressor was until one night i waited up with a small blue LED torch and watched the tank, soon after everyone else had gone to bed the 8" syno came out of its cave and started to chase the then 12" bichir around the tank before finally trapping the bichir in a corner and started to feed on it slime. The syno was gone the next morning and i havent kept one with my bichirs or ray since.

wow.

well luckily my little guys dont have a slightest intrest in any of my fish.
they are basically like little corys. sifting threw the rocks and rasping on the larger ones.

i hope everything works out :D

I had a large Synodontis of unknown species a few years back which terrorised my ornate bichir. Each morning i would get up to find large grey patches on the bichirs body where the slime coat had been rasped away but i had no idea who the aggressor was until one night i waited up with a small blue LED torch and watched the tank, soon after everyone else had gone to bed the 8" syno came out of its cave and started to chase the then 12" bichir around the tank before finally trapping the bichir in a corner and started to feed on it slime. The syno was gone the next morning and i havent kept one with my bichirs or ray since.

Well I hate to say it but my bichirs all have large grey spots on them as well, you can tell something has been feeding on them. It's deffinitely got to be the Featherfin Syno. Tonight when I get home I'm going to move him to my community tank and swap my striped raphaels back in for the clean up crew.

That really sucks cause I wanted an all african tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back