Another pair of mated angels

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FroFro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
My first set of mated angels I had is gone. Of the remaining three I've noticed typical "courting" behavior. I know it isn't fighting because their tubes have been down for two days now and they're definately male and female. The other female seems to try and attract the males attention. Anyway, they're about 6 inches from fin to fin and have yet to spawn.

I've read that people can keep mated angels one 29 gallon tank all on their own but I was uncertain if this was just for breeding. I want to be able to keep my angels but not in my community tank. I'm willing to part with them if I must. Are they able to be kept In a 29 or do they need larger? Keep in mind I will remove any eggs on sight.

people put them in smaller tanks for breeding only.

why do you remove the eggs?
the fish breed and want to rear their young and if you give them a chance, they will do that.

people put them in smaller tanks for breeding only.

why do you remove the eggs?
the fish breed and want to rear their young and if you give them a chance, they will do that.
I don't have the space or time to devote to taking care of 30+ fry.

let them breed in the 29 gallon and leave the adults with them for a few weeks and then move the adults out. Grow the babies up in the 29 gallon.

If you cant look after and rehome the fry its best to remove the eggs.

If you lived near me I would use them as BBG food, they love fish eggs.

I don't have the space or time to devote to taking care of 30+ fry.

Did you know a Female can produce between 100 and 1000 eggs every 2 weeks or so?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back