(another) newbie needs advice

have done :) and they changed their mind ;) You know when you do water change(25% every 2 week) I guess you dont scrub the tank? Am i right? What do i do with the removed fish? Is a bucket ok? Or will i need 2 tank set up?

Once the tank has cycled, you'll start to get a bit of algae on the glass. Buy a pane-scraper from the lfs, I like the magnetic ones best. Clean the glass then you'll need a gravel cleaner which hoovers up the poo etc (great fun). It's basically a plastic tube with a bigger bit one end which you put in the tank (other end lower into a bucket). Move the cleaner up and down in the water quickly and it starts to syphon off the water. You leave your fish in the tank, don't have to take them out. I suggest 20% every week. Then you boil a kettle while you are syphoning and put same amount of cold clean water mixed with the boiled water, add the water dechlorinater and add it slowly back into your tank thro the filter. Hey presto!!

Don't forget to turn the electric supply off before messing with water, otherwise you could get fried!! :eek:

Hey did'nt you get my reply. No need to remove fish just gravel vac see fishless cycling on the site

Alurny said:
are you sure i wont scare my fish to death doing this?????????
Not only will it NOT scare your fish but in time, they will almost "dance" for you when you change the water. All of the fish in my 55 gallon (see my sig) love water changes. I use a hose that is connected to one of my bathroom faucets and the fish like to play in the current as I am filling the tank back up. I actually change between 40 and 50% of my water each time and it still only takes about 30 minutes from getting out the hoses to being finished. Once you have a system down, it is really quite easy.

Good Luck!!!

Hi I don't know if you got my reply but when you're water changing you don't need to remove fish. Just change water 25%

Cheers very much. Ill post soon once iv'e got my final tank setup and as for comments then. Thanks for everyones help. In the meantime im going to learns as much as possible on these forums.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back