Another Co2 Question

Zikofski

Chatroom Moderator
Chatroom Moderator
Reaction score
Okay I have made the des idiom and got permission form the parents to get an FE co2 system for my tank I mainly want to Learn and test all this see how it goes gain more experience and stuff so here is my tank

330l tank with 2x 54w lighting
I am using 2 ext filters

If I remember rightly I've been told my lighting is to low so what do I need for co2?

Do I need any fertalisers? Liquid based i already have root tabs under the sand

My tank is not stocked heavy with plants but if this works I would like to add my plants maybe get a carpet or something to experiment with two,

I got most of the kit sorted other than a diffuser, still questioning this any more ideas on what is best I'm thinking inline defused but how often and when dose it bed cleaning if it needs cleaning? As if it needs cleaning I rather use a normal difiser but I don't know tbh

Any thought and idea welcome I haven't bought anything other than the regulator with solenoid I have gone with a TMC V2 dual gauge and gona find a FE Canister in next couple of days along with drop checker with liquid stuff, bubble counter, tubing and check valves?

Think this is everything memory is not the best but I have it all written down some where :)

All comments much apreciated

Ok, your lighting is fine, most plants will grow under it with the correct additives.

With CO2 you will nbeed to dose ferts, I recommend an all in one such as Aqua Essentials Neutro+ as it has the extra macro elements you need when dosing CO2. Make sure you dose daily as it says on the bottle.

Diffuser wise they all need cleaning from time to time so I'd go with an UP inline atomizer, they're the best in the business as they use less CO2 to get the right levels in the water and there is no ugly stuff in the tank.

Make sure its 4DKH water and Bromo blue you buy for your drop checker and be sure to move it around your tank to make sure you get enough CO2 all over the tank. Remember the DC takes up to 2 hours to change colour. :)

What filters are you running as you need to make sure you have at least 10 x tank turn over per hour too.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thank you stevo

I did mean the 4DKH stuff I believe aqua essentials dose it pre made :)

And I have two tetratec 1200 and two power heads I think there 900l/h hope this helps that if the power heads can be added to total water movement is 4200l/h but I have two heaters a uv steriliser on one and will have this online atomiser on the other so I sure my l/h will be less

Doesn't matter just measure flow without media and diffuser added, you can make 4dkh with bicarbonate of soda and de ionised water. :)

Okay cool bought the 4dkh solution already :) haha but how do I measure the flow rate of my filters?

Find out their litres per hour, should be written on the pump somewhere xxxLPH.

yep there both 1200LPH

okay i have another question sorry how long shuld i leave the lights on once i inject co2 at moment there on for 4 hours was 6 but with algae reduced it to 4 and it has stoped the algae from spreading so rapidly i read on forum that is is a max i think so is this right?

8 - 10 hours max is fine, CO2 should come on 2 hours before lights and go off 2 hours before. Get a powerhead too as 330 litres is gonna need more flow high tech as you need 10 x turnover at least.

okay cool i already have 2 powerheads in there both 900lph so that makes it alright i may get a couple more but they are expensive :( managed to get a fire exstinguisher for 6.50 :) so im happy just need my regulator to come in stock and im good to go i guess

thank you again ps3steveo

okay got my co2 but another question my drop checker was lime green until yesterday when it went white? i know yellow is to high and blue to low, but white, and its 100% white, my guess is it needs changing? just wanted to double check this?

I'd change your liquid mate. Never had it go white lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back