Angling Baits...

bogwood

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
447
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK
Anyone use the small earthworms (dendroboenas?) you find in angling shops as food for their tank fish?... whole or cut up?...
 
I don't use those (mainly because I never see them around here), but I do use nightcrawlers and my oscar loves them.
 
Night crawlers are good.. lol for the oscars and people.. Ive eaten my share of night crawlers once you get past the fact that they arent the best looking its not that bad.. I good way to make a quick buck off some friends lol.
 
occasionaly I purchase small maggots form a fishing tackle shop, no fish so fa has not "attempted" to eat them.
 
When i got my first ray she was a fussy cow and would only eat live bloodworms so i was buying 500 grams of the stuff from an angling shop every week. Its usually only available in winter but only costs £8 for 1/2 a kilo instead of a quid for about 20 worms in one of those little plastic tubes full of water from the lfs. If i succeed in breeding my rays or buy any small fussy fish i will buy bloodworms this way again.

Dendrobena worms are fine for fish food but an expensive way of doing it, just start a compost heap in your garden (or if you dont have a garden use a family members garden) and within a few months you'll have more worms than you will ever use and be helping the enviroment as well by not sending bio degradable rubbish to landfill.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top