Angels And Red Tiger Oscar

amyw2008

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol
Just wondering...
I have a 215ltr tank with 11 angels (very soon to be 9) which are all medium sized, 5 mollies and 2 baby plecs...
Would I be able to add a Red Tiger Oscar?
Please help :)
 
Dont think the tanks big enough. Its probably only just big enough for a single oscar on its own...
 
A single Oscar requires a 75g tank, yours is around 50g, plus Angels and Oscars together are not a good idea.
 
It isn't big enough for 1 oscar on it's own.

I think you are overstocked as it is anyway.
 
Besides the tank not being big enough for the oscar it is probably too small for that many angels. I will at times stock angels like that, but I have plenty of extra tank space at my disposal. If you have this option great, if not you are overstocked. Not knowing the species of plec it is too small if they are common plecs. Some of the others may grow too large, many do not. My oscar took out a 14" common plec,

The oscar will eat the mollys, and nip the angels to no end. My oscar took out a 14" common plec.

Oscars are smart, busy, and in many ways devious fish, they like to mess with things for fun. If you want an oscar get a larger tank, and expect the oscar to rearrange decorations to it's liking, break heaters, remove filter intakes, break thermometers, toss spray bars out of the tank, a whole list of fun things. It's like an aquatic toddler rum amok.
 
Besides the tank not being big enough for the oscar it is probably too small for that many angels. I will at times stock angels like that, but I have plenty of extra tank space at my disposal. If you have this option great, if not you are overstocked. Not knowing the species of plec it is too small if they are common plecs. Some of the others may grow too large, many do not. My oscar took out a 14" common plec,

The oscar will eat the mollys, and nip the angels to no end. My oscar took out a 14" common plec.

Oscars are smart, busy, and in many ways devious fish, they like to mess with things for fun. If you want an oscar get a larger tank, and expect the oscar to rearrange decorations to it's liking, break heaters, remove filter intakes, break thermometers, toss spray bars out of the tank, a whole list of fun things. It's like an aquatic toddler rum amok.

Was just thinking about the Oscar as I was offered one... By the sounds of things its like a toddler that never grows up!

I have the 215ltr Aqua One AR980 and a 2ft 60ltr tank and a 3ft 95ltr tank here if i need them so space isnt a problem at the moment
 
sorry but none of your tanks are big enough to house an oscar
 
Oscars are smart, busy, and in many ways devious fish, they like to mess with things for fun. If you want an oscar get a larger tank, and expect the oscar to rearrange decorations to it's liking, break heaters, remove filter intakes, break thermometers, toss spray bars out of the tank, a whole list of fun things. It's like an aquatic toddler rum amok.

I was just browsing through posts this morning, and this one made me laugh out loud in reminiscence. I kept an Oscar about 15 years ago and he both frustrated and entertained me to no end. My first scare was when I heard a huge bang from another room, and when I came to inspect I found him flopping around on the living room floor--it was at that point I learned to secure the hinged lids on the tank. Even with the lids weighted down, he still managed to constantly uproot my plastic plants and poke them out of the lid--I would wake up in the morning to find about 3" of plastic plant sticking out of the tank (held in place by the lid) with my Oscar giving me the "What? It wasn't me!" look. I thought the "aquatic toddler" moniker was very fitting! Thanks for the laugh and the memories. :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top