Angelfish

CTlovesKS

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dorset
Im getting 3 small Angelfish to put in my 2.5 ft tank. I also have a clown and rusty plec and a syno and humbug catfish. The shop said I would have to rehouse the fish later on when they get bigger, though I should be able to swap them for smaller ones at the shop. They also said I could house dwarf gouramis and tetras and live bairers (But not guppys) Is this true... And if I choice to go for a micture of platys how many could I put in there with the 3 angelfish and 2 plecs and 2 catfish ?

Im also thinking of maybe seeling the angelfish when they get to big. How much could I get for medium to large angelfish on forums like this?

Many Thanks
Charlie
:good:
 
You could go with rummy-nose tetras, glowlights or Columbian tetras. And you could have corydoras, but stick with Corydoras sterbai or Corydoras paleatus. That is if all you have are 3 angels in there.
 
i had mine with platys,clown loach,mollies.. friendly
fish basically .. angels can be aggressive s dont need ~~~~ fom other aggressive fish :)
 
3 might not be a good number, Angels can be quite aggressive, if 2 paired off, they could make life hell for the other one.
 
I've heard Angels are terrors when it comes to killing off Guppies and they don't mix so well with Gouramis either - personality clash.

And SPB is right, a trio or so is ok while they're young, but as they mature, if two pair off, they're perfectly capable of terrorising the other to the point that it dies.

Considering how your tank is *technically* overstocked when you consider the fish's adult sizes, may be leave it as is?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top