Angelfish Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Chrispixx

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have an almost inch and a half (from mouth to tail) angel in my 29 gal, he was all by himself for a while so i thought i would get him a friend. so i added another today (the same size) and the original one is pecking at the new one. will this go on or will they get along soon. is it because the original was alone and thinks the tank is his? it feels strange asking this with as long as i have been in this hobby but i haven't had angels in 20 years.

The older one is asserting its dominance. They may get along or the original may bully it nonstop. It's always best with cichlids to add at least 3 new ones at a time. Just my opinion, but also how I've always done it, with very few loses.
Keep a close eye on them add more or remove one if they don't come to an understanding in the next few days.

Thanks.. hopefully it will work out. they are both marble angels, the original one is black with silver, the new one is sliver with black. exact opposites. they look nice together.

try moving the decor around to remove any teritories that the old angel has made. by doing this they will have to start again and there will not be a dominant fish.

2 can be a tricky number to have as 1 will become the dominant fish and the other will feel bullied at times which can effect its health. a single angel or a group of 5+ is much better.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back