angelfish in a 5 gallon tank??

SneakBetta

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Do you think a 5-gallon tank is too small for a angelfish? How many angelfish do you think she can put in it (if angelfish can live in a 5-gallon tank), there is no other fish and there will be no other fish.

Im gonna have to say no :no: ...the general rule is 1 inch of fish per gallon...and angles can get up to six or so inches...plus i dont think there would be much room for the angle to swim and be happy...see what others say but i would get a bigger tank or choose anther fish....

I'd say no also. A 6" fish with flowing finnage needs a bigger and higher tank, imo.

It's a huge no. :no: Angelfish will be stunted and even deformed if not given enough room to grow, and believe me, they grow very quickly under good circumstances. Within just a few weeks, an angelfish has outgrown a tank that small.

For Angels (P. scalare) tank should be at least 50cm high (50cm = 20 inches) and for P. altum tank should be higher (60cm = 24 inches).

They can easily be about 30cm (12 inches) high with their large fins. If the tank is too small, angels stay stunted.

Most reactions

Back