Angel Fish With A Cloudy Eye...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WillyRBeek

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Howdy folks! Been awhile since I made an appearance here, but this isn't a particularly happy visit.

I noticed yesterday that one of my beloved Angel Fish has developed a very cloudy eye. I immediately did a 25% water change. So far there's no sign of a change, for better or worse. Is this something I should be concerned about? Is this a potentially fatal disease? What actions should I take to rectify this?

Any help you good folks could give would be greatly appreciated.

Come on folks, there has to be someone here who knows what's going on! I've done 2 20% water changes since I noticed the eye, and thus far he doesn't seem to be improving, if anything, he's getting worse. Aside from the eye he looks healthy. He's still very active and his fins look fine, but when he swims he swims almost sideways. Could this be due to the fact that he might be going blind in the cloudy eye?

Post this under the emergency section, the sick bay of the forum. You might get better response. Also search that section for "cloudy eye". I'm sure I've seen something in the past.

Good luck, I wish I could advise.

cloudy eye is quite often bacterial , in which case myxazin by waterlife would be the med to use .

Clouded eyes , as stated above me , indicate a bacterial infection, usually simple to treat. it could also be "eye cloud" which is fungal, this is caused by poor water quality, and possibly low PH

buy some of the water life stuff and bump up you temp a lil, but not too much :) should be fine then, angels are easy to treat so should be fine!

Most reactions

trending

Back