Angel Fish Question?

Littleman

New Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all

I just have a quick question regarding a Angel fish??

A) How long do they live??

B) Can you keep more that in the same tank? (Only ask as I have tried keeping 3 and one always seems to die)

Cheers in advance

Jon
 
Angelfish are no Angels (i got to use that every time someone mentions it)

5 + is recommended as individuals may get bullied in anything smaller and in a 5+ the bullying is shared out

and the average lifespan of an angelfish is 2-3 years
 
Angelfish are best kept 1,2, or 5/6+. Two will most likely pair if they are opposite sex, might pair even if they are the same sex. With three, usually two pair and kill the third.

My angels only chase other fish when they lay eggs. But the pair 'spar' to test their strength, nothing serious. I don't see how they are such mean, agressive fish :blink:

5-10 sounds right on age.
 
Cheers for your comments, that explains a few things. I wont get another one then as it sounds like it wont be safe for the new one.

Another question, how big should they grow in a 200 Litre tank??
 
They should reach full size in that tank. It depends if you want count the top and bottom fins which depends on the type of angel. Are they veil or regular? Veil tail's fins get longer than the other type. Mine are about 3-4 inches top to bottom of just the body.
 
Comment, dont get three. I made that mistake. I mean there 100% fine, but tow just laid eggs for hte first time today, and there starting to not like the third. I think im going to get rid of him if it gets worse. But there fine until the oddball one tries to eat the eggs.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top