Angel Eggs

Hey you DANCING HEATHER,

I say everything going pretty peachy. I'm getting many eggs from my Corys and I have more and more frys every week and they are growing although little by little. And I did pick up few items at the local aquarium society auction yesterday. Some food, meds, BIG driftwood(didn't pay for but trade some Red Cherry Shrimps for it) and Albino Bristle Nose. So I can't complain. :p
Although my 3 Angels are still same, they are not pairing up but that's ok. They can take their time. Although I am not expert of sexing the Angels but I think I got 2 females and 1 male guessing from the curve of the stomech and their behaviour. 2 is about same and 1 is much bigger and I think the biggest one is the female. And I think the male doesn't know which females he likes better yet. :lol: I'll remove the odd one to another tank when it happens.
And I think the 3 marble hatchets are doing good job. They are like some aggression release for the Angels. I see Angels sometime try to spat at the hatchet but they are quick enough to avoid the spat so they never get hit. I should get more of them so they can be bigger group of 6+, but I haven't done that. Since I have big quarantee tank right now, I should look for more Marble Hatchet this week.
So all is good. :thumbs:

How about you? Did you put your newly acquired fish supply to good use? Have you start to raise another batch yet?

Bye

Hey Neon no more batches yet..They ate all the last eggs they had the last few times..Im just so glad that I had a chance at raising the baby angels... :good: :hyper: x

Hey Heather,

Long time no see/hear/read whatever. That's too bad, you don't have any more batch. Maybe something bothering them. Too much audience or traffic around the tank.,etc.
Then, what do I know. I never bred my Angels. It seems they look same size and not growing. Although the biggest one is always dancing try to get some food when s/he sees me near the tank. They now have new tankmates, I put 2 small Albino Bristlenose with them. First, the Angel try to spat at them but I don't think they are doing that anymore. I do still keep close eyes on them.
Although no eggs from Angels, I still get many eggs often from my Panda, Sterbai and Melanotanias Corys. And I have some batch of Neon Tetra frys. I just moved them to bigger home and count them and I was pleseantly surprised there are 33 of them. They should become tiniest Neon Tetras in another 2 weeks or so( they are still light brown tiny fish without much color). But I can easily spend long time just watching them. :wub:
I just have to try to breed them now and then for my name sake. They are still one of my favorite fish.
I also have tons of Red Cherry Shrimps. And they are spreading to many tanks now(of course, the tanks with most kind of fish they cannot go for the sake of their safety. But they are pretty good tankmate for the cory frys.)

Just looked back at this old post of mine.. How did you neons progress then Neoncory?? Hope they did well..My angels are ready to lay eggs again, I can tell now with their behaviour.. I managed to get my hands on a old fish tank that looks quite good..So Im debating whether or not to set it up and raise some more babies..Hope you are well... Heather x :good:

Just looked back at this old post of mine.. How did you neons progress then Neoncory?? Hope they did well..My angels are ready to lay eggs again, I can tell now with their behaviour.. I managed to get my hands on a old fish tank that looks quite good..So Im debating whether or not to set it up and raise some more babies..Hope you are well... Heather x :good:

Where the heck have you been? I thought you are gone to the place without internet and broke my heart. :-(
Some of the tiny Neons joined to their parents, aunts and uncles in the community tank. At first they were forming their tiny fish union and stick together but now they are about half the size of adults and they figure they can take care of themselves. So each fish is their own.
That's cool. You should definatelt try to raise more Angels since you already have another tank.
Unfortunately my Angels are not doing so great. One is growing great and become pretty good looking fish. S/he is about 3" body and probably 6~7" with fins. But the other one is not growing much and I think s/he had or have parasite/worm. Which maybe too late to medicate since I think the eyes are too big for the body. And 3rd one found dead one morning few month back. I am not sure what happened. So I don't think I will get baby from them anytime soon.
Then again, I have many frys from 3 different Corydoras. And I must have 400~500 frys from wrigglers to 1/2"TL. And recently I got few more different kind of Corydoras. So my MTS(multi tanks syndrome) is getting worse. But all is good. I love see the tiny frys grow to be like a parent fish. The shape and the color. It is still amazing to see the fish transform.

Anyway, don't be a stranger AGAIN. :)

Most reactions

Back