Anabantoid Compatability

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

shroob

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on converting my rio 180 to a South Asian theme tank. I have a few questions on stocking though that I was hoping you could help me with - my first time keeping these sort of fish, quite a change from what I used to have :p

So far the stocking is just a shoal of galaxy rasbora and Stiphodon atropurpureus.

I've been looking at gouramis and theres a few I like (dwarf, sparkling, croaking, chocolate, pearl and honey).

Could I have a mix eg. 6 sparkling gourami and 2 pearls. Or should I stick to one species?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on converting my rio 180 to a South Asian theme tank. I have a few questions on stocking though that I was hoping you could help me with - my first time keeping these sort of fish, quite a change from what I used to have :p

So far the stocking is just a shoal of galaxy rasbora and Stiphodon atropurpureus.

I've been looking at gouramis and theres a few I like (dwarf, sparkling, croaking, chocolate, pearl and honey).

Could I have a mix eg. 6 sparkling gourami and 2 pearls. Or should I stick to one species?

Thanks
You can mix some species depending on mostly temperament. You could easily mix some Honey Gouramis with some Croaking or Sparkling Gouramis whereas more aggresive species such as Pearl Gouramis should be kept alone. Also, bear in mind you should never keep more than 1 male of a certain species in the same tank.

Carl

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back