Amount Of Substrate

abzorbd

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
236
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kenosha Wisconsin
Is there like a guideline as to how much substrate to have in your tank? Like a gallon to weight ratio or something?
 
Is there like a guideline as to how much substrate to have in your tank? Like a gallon to weight ratio or something?

I think its 1" to 2", Any Deeper and I think anerobic pockets can occur which is harmful to fish, and any smaller then 1" then can put plants in and not enough room for bactiera. Not sure about the last bit but the first bit im pretty sure on.
 
Thanks. I'm planning a twenty gallon and wasn't sure if there was a "rule" or not. I didn't think there was a definitive amount. Figured about two inches or so.
Thanks
 

Most reactions

Back
Top