Ammonia Test Kit

vfg10

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
228
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Guadalajara, Mexico
hello
I bought an ammonia test kit about a month ago and from all the test I have made they all read 0 ammonia. I know that is good, but I was thinking that maybe the test kit is too old

is there a way to check this? or after cleaning completely a tank when should it produce ammonia so I can check it again and get a real reading

thank for the help any info is appreciated.
 
how long has the tank been up for?

0 ammonia is good hehe, dya have fishes in there?
 
hello that was fast thanks for the replay
I clenead my tank 3 days ago and I check the ammonia today
I got 1 angel
6 black skirt tetras
1 pleco
9 US gallon tank
 
hello that was fast thanks for the replay
I clenead my tank 3 days ago and I check the ammonia today
I got 1 angel
6 black skirt tetras
1 pleco
9 US gallon tank


well, 0 ammonia is very very good; dont take this the wrong way mate, but that tank is very very very overstocked :/

0 ammonia is good, and i think its great that it is 0 with them fishes; but thats all im saying :) unless you upgrade you might have a bit of a problem!

sorry if i sounded rude mate.

Bagu 8-)
 
hello that was fast thanks for the replay
I clenead my tank 3 days ago and I check the ammonia today
I got 1 angel
6 black skirt tetras
1 pleco
9 US gallon tank


9 gal tank?

You need to rehome the angel and the pleco for a start.
 
thanks for the info on overstock

the pleco is going to my pond very soon

but getting back to my original cuestion is it posible that the amonia test kit gets to old and not give me a right reading ??
 

Most reactions

Back
Top