Ammo-lock

JustKia

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire, UK
I've been using ammo-lock (locks up ammonia in a non-toxic to fish form but is still available to the bacteria to convert to nitrites) to help protect the fish during the cycling process (I know fish in cycling isn't recommended).
I just recieved a new bottle of ammo-lock and as I peeled the seal off the bottle I got a good shock off it - I could actually see the spark. Of course hubby thinks I'm exaggeratiing and so I dismissed it as being static or something (I often get a shock off the cats, but only tiny ones).
Today I was adding a dose of ammo-lock, I tipped it into the measuring cap and then as I poured it into the tank I got another shock. Again hubby didn't believe me so I made him pour the second measure...


He got a shock and ended up throwing the does of ammo-lock up the wall :hyper: needless to say he believes me now!

Has anyone else experienced this with ammo-lock?
 
the only thing i recomend you do is take a peice of insulated wire and put one end in the bottle and the other on a radiator pipe, so it earths it of any charge, where are you storing it?
 
the only thing i recomend you do is take a peice of insulated wire and put one end in the bottle and the other on a radiator pipe, so it earths it of any charge, where are you storing it?
In it's original bottle, in the cabinet of my tank (Fluval Roma 125).
Would I need to earth it once or each time I use it?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top