Amano Shrimp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

squirt_12

Reaction score
ok...can people tell me everything that they know about amano shrimp. Thanks. I have eggs and wlel i don't even know how to tell the difference between male and female.
lol
THanks in advace.

ok...well i looked at that page and it gave me alot of info and it really really helped. Now the question is.....when the females are carrying eggs does that mean that they have already been fertilized??? Or do they get fertilized after they develope?????

Thanks so much.

P.S.
My female was full of dark grey eggs and well she was cleaning them and fanning them until one day i noticed that one bunch of them fell of. What does this mean??? Well i took them out of the tank because the other shrimp started to nibble on them. So i put them into a little 1/4 gallon cup and i have an air hose in the tank to keep the water moving so that the eggs don't grow fungus on them.
Also....what should the hatching tank look like and what should i have in it for them?? Rocks on the bottom or no?

Thanks in the advance. :D

basically what the profile says is that amanos are difficult to breed in captivity. unless you're able to provide brackish and full marine, then back to freshwater conditions, you won't be able to raise shrimp babies!

yes...i a have all of the stuff needed to do that. the only thing that i don;t have is the phytoplankton (sp?) and well i need to know all of the stuff that i can use from my house to make it. But if i have to buy the stuff.....what is it that i will need??

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back