Amano Shrimp - mysterious death

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

charley

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I found one of my amano shrimp dead yesterday which was v sad, but what was v disturbing was that it had turned pink and was no longer translucent (it seriously looked like it had been 'cooked'). I am completely freaked out. All the rest of the fish seem fine, but my other shrimp are now looking abit poorly. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

How long have you had them? Can you do a head count? - not easy especially in a planted tank ;)

Are you sure its not a normal shedding of the skin? - quite disconcerting the first time you find sheds.... :eek:

www :)

Hi
No its definately NOT a shed. I've had them for about 6 months now; I had 4 and now I have 3 :-( Any ideas as to why it looked cooked? I can't bear the thought of my poor shrimp suffering or being 'heated' somehow...

From my experience, when ghost shrimp die, they also turn an opaque pink. Nothing to be worried about, as long as your water isnt boiling :p

P.T.

Thanks you guys! My water definitely isn't boiling, but now one of my other shrimps is turning slightly pink - but still moving around. I think they might have some sort of Shrimp disease...... :-(
Pooor ickle things...

I noticed a tankfull of pink shrimps for sale in Cardiff and they seemed ok.Perhaps you have one of these and not a disease.

It's well documented that amano shrimp turn that shade when they die... -_-

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back