Amano magic

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ever since I set up my aquascape tank 75 litre, I struggled with hair algae, more likely than not due to the rich nutrient source from the aquasoil even though there are loads of plants.
Things got somewhat worse when I placed a Chihiros Vivid 2 as the lighting. I used to spend several sessions a day, whenever I got the free time to do it, to cut off the algae from whatever it had attached itself to. Of course that does little more than trim it back rather than remove it.
I have 4 otos eating the stuff, or so I imagine. And then there's a dozen or so of crystal red and velvet blue shrimp all hopefully chomping away at it.
Things didn't improve much though.
Then I got 4 Amano shrimp.
WOW......... what a difference. Maybe its a combined effort from all players but the Amano seem to be stuffing their faces continuously. I haven't had much time to check the tanks lately as I have my wife hospitalised for a week now, but today I looked at the tank with the light on. What a hell of a difference. I suppose not having the light on at all for a week has helped too, but the hair algae is gone. The few very small traces of it are on the ends of stumps of wood, but so short that it looks more like moss. In fact the actual mosses in the tank that were covered in algae are now all clear and bright green. There's none on the mini hairgrass either.

I always held back from Amano as I thought they were a bit big and pretty colourless. Well here's to AMANO. Well done guys and keep going strong.

Most reactions

trending

Back