Am I Understocking

reeeedfish

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
298
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have been fish-in cycling a 55 gallon for about a month. What's funny is my stats. They are 0 ammonia, nitrAte about 1, 0 nitrIte and Ph 7.2. I have 1 raphael catfish and 3 gold gouramiis. Do the fish not provide a large enough sorce of ammonia? Should I add my ropefish or my huge rhino pleco? I have had NO DEATHS AND NO SICKNESSES. All fish are eating well and show no signs of stress.What is the problem?
 
actually i think your fine, i dont see the prob.

btw striped raphs are the greatest! does anyone know how fast they grow?
 
actually i think your fine, i dont see the prob.

btw striped raphs are the greatest! does anyone know how fast they grow?

Neesmo-Yes it is a completely new setp with new media too. Thanks you two, I guess I'll start stocking my tank slowly. :good:
 
I dont think you need to add fish purposely to keep cycling your tank. It sounds like you have finished your fish in cycle so you will be able to add fish slowly as planned but still keep an eye on the levels.

Just a note on your stocking you are going to have a lot of big bottom dwellers in there so just watch out for territory and make sure you have a lot of hiding places. Also make sure your filtration is upto scratch your going to need an external for that lot IMO

Wills :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top