Am i THE ONLY ONE????

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

NDIrish7 said:
i hate to say this but i do not care for BETTAS AT ALL, and its seems like everyone here LOVES THEM! i hope u dont chop my head of and spit knowledge to me about bettas, cause i really dont care, hope u dont hate me. -_- they seem so boring and ugly(sometimes)

anyone else with me or am i the only one?
yawn...
i don't care if you don't like bettas. i don't even care enough to hate you for it, sorry.

Friendly discusion all, i doubt this was posted so we could all insult the betta people or they get mad at no betta people

Hi NDIrish7 :)

There are so many different kinds of fish available that no one is expected to like them all. You're entitled to your opinions like everyone else is. :nod:

Bettas are not very easy to maintain and it takes a skillful fishkeeper to keep one healthy and happy. There is also a lot of work involved in keeping those small tanks and bowls inhabitable by anything, let alone to help a fish to thrive in them. It's much easier to keep a bigger tank with bigger and sturdier fish.

Breeding them is very tricky and raising the tiny little fry is even harder.

I think that if you look into everything that's involved, you will gain a new respect for those fishkeepers who do like them. :thumbs:

NDIrish7 said:
i hate to say this but i do not care for BETTAS AT ALL, and its seems like everyone here LOVES THEM! i hope u dont chop my head of and spit knowledge to me about bettas, cause i really dont care, hope u dont hate me. -_- they seem so boring and ugly(sometimes)

anyone else with me or am i the only one?
in my opinion. you are not the only one, i think some ppl here got a little bit out of the topic with the trolls thingy, i mean, nobody wrote down what should someone like and what not! my experience was that i used to hate them wiiithh aaaaaaaaaaaall my heart and soul, but i reallize that they dont move becuz they dont have any space in those 1/4 gallon cups! and when they flare oh my god! they are gorgeous! im gettin a betta the next month to put in my desktop :)

so again, you are not the only one. :) also i used to hate guppies too, i thought they looked horrible but i fell in love when i put mines to start my 10 cycling :)

I do love bettas. :wub: I have two and they both have such different personalities, it's just fun to sit and watch them.

...Barbs are the fish I don't really care for...*ducks because she knows she's going to get stuff thrown at her*

I'm sort of with Delores here....I use to HATE them.....not withe avengeance or anything, but I didn't know what the "fuss" was about.

I've since changed my mind a bit and am seriously thinking about coming full circle with my "aquatic" skills and getting me a betta!!!!!!! ;) :p

I think there are many fish that I don't like that other people love and vise versa. One example is Clown Knives. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them and my husband thinks they are disgusting. No harm done. If you don't care for a certain fish, then don't keep them. I think that is the best part of fishkeeping, there are so many to choose from, there is bound to be something for everyone! :nod:

Bettas are one of those fish that I have trained myself not to look at at the lfs. Back in the day, I had some beautiful bettas, they were one of my favorite fish, and I bred them successfully several times. I had jars everywhere. People comment that having as many tanks as I do must take up a lot of time, but cleaning the jars was my own personal proving ground. The tanks with all their filters are a snap to clean compared to the betta jars. "Bigger is better". I still think bettas are beautiful fish and if I didn't have the fish I have now, I might be tempted to do the betta thing over again. I know that one of these days there will be a crowntail waiting for me at the lfs. The only way I can resist is to keep my blinders on. As Ray Stevens said..."DONT LOOK ETHEL!! But it was too late..." :D
The fish that I don't really care for is piranha. Yeah, they get big, they have those sharp teeth, they're predatory carnivores...........but they're uuuuuuuugly!

i dont see the fuss over bettas either. When I got my tank I thought - YAY! PRETTY!!!

but then my sister got one and it was completely boring. It sat at the back of the tank, flared at the rest of the fish and generally was very boring. Will probably never have a betta again.

I also dont like angels. Ugly fish and very vicious.

am I showing up on the Troll-o-Meter yet?

Ok....I gotta admit I never cared for sardines................................ :D

Koda

I find Betta pretty, but i cant get one, i tend to go for swordtail, and platies and neons, with at least one type of algea eating fish (My new one, a Albeno Plec.. *My new prized fish*)

I find the female betta not so attractive and so, you are not alone on the betta thingy...

;)

Most reactions

Back