Always Wanted One!?!

Ace Of Spades

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Location
GB
Can I get a Bristlenosed pleco in a 15 gallon, like will it have a decent quality of life. As I love plecs and I think they are really cool, the 15 gallon has just a oscar in it for just a week then its going to its owner so the 15 gal will be empty.
 
If it has desirable algae growth and it's small enough, like under 4", yes, once it gets 5-6" I'd say too big (and messy) and move it. Keep good filtration.
 
If it has desirable algae growth and it's small enough, like under 4", yes, once it gets 5-6" I'd say too big (and messy) and move it. Keep good filtration.

Aww kk ty, does anyone know the growth rate of these guys?
 
One BN in a 15G tank would be fine. They grow between 4"-6" but it will take a few years until they become fully grown.
They are best kept in a more mature tank as when juvenile, they are very sensitive to changes in water quality.
Plenty of filtration is needed and regular maintenance is required as they can produce lots of waste.

Bristlenose Catfish
 
Thanks mate, Do you recon I should get one or wait till I get my new tank and get a common plec?
 
Common Plecos ideally need a tank that is 5'x2'x2' so it does depend on what size tank you are getting. ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top