Always Looking To Improve

Nick Bramley

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
200
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottingham, UK
I've got an Aqua One AR620 using an Aqua One CF500 for filtration. I do a 20% water change every week as well as hoovering the gravel and pride myself on looking after my little fishies.

Is there anything else I could do or buy that would be of considerable improvement to my maintenance? I've heard of UV filters but don't know what they do.

Thanks, Nick
 
UV sterilisers kill algae, bacteria, fungus and other pathogens that pass through the UV light. They aren't necessary but can be helpful if you have lots of new fish coming into the tank. Generally tho, regular water changes and gravel cleans will keep the tank nice. If you want to do something then feed your fish lots of variation in their diet.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top