Alternative For Giant Vallis?

Sammy1911

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have persisted with vallis for around 6mths now coz i think they look great but for some reason they just dont like my tank, im using jbl root tabs easylife profito & easycarbo but the crown turns brown and the leaves come away. They not dead just look a bit scraggy and just arent taking off have bought giant vallis, giant rubra & asia ? vallis but all going the same. i have amazon swords, java ferns, various crypts, apongon (sp?), dwarf lilly, dwarf sag & numerous anubias which all grow fine.
Can anyone recommend an alternative for the vallis? my tank is 50cm tall fine gravel ph 7.0-7.2 temp 22-24 c Thanks

I have persisted with vallis for around 6mths now coz i think they look great but for some reason they just dont like my tank, im using jbl root tabs easylife profito & easycarbo but the crown turns brown and the leaves come away. They not dead just look a bit scraggy and just arent taking off have bought giant vallis, giant rubra & asia ? vallis but all going the same. i have amazon swords, java ferns, various crypts, apongon (sp?), dwarf lilly, dwarf sag & numerous anubias which all grow fine.
Can anyone recommend an alternative for the vallis? my tank is 50cm tall fine gravel ph 7.0-7.2 temp 22-24 c Thanks

Blyxa would be good, blyxa japonica is a little smaller than blyxa aubertii

ive had a look at the blyxa but apparently it grows upto 20cm which would be more of a midground plant for me. is there anything similar but taller?

(love the look of the blyxa, mite try some anyway!)

no probs, you're the one buying/growing them.
laugh.gif

If going for the slow growing Balansae, try for Tropica ones.Cost a bit more, but usually bigger.

Most reactions

Back