Alright, at what Temperature is Ich KILLED???

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Hmmmmm,

Well, my Silver Dollars are VERY weak when it comes to treatment. They get stressed very easily and I've already lost two of them when treating for funus with Pimafix. They don't like salt either.....neither do my corys or pleco :/ :dunno:

But I have been treating with Coppersafe for about 10 days now and it isn't ill-effecting any of the fish yet and I have my temperature at 84 F. I think I am going to crank it to 85, keep with the copper and see what happens. I haven't seen the SD itching today so that may be a good sign. But I can't see any white spots on him :dunno: And his gills are "A-OK".....I read that sometimes you cannot see the ich......right??

Do you think it could still be ich making the fish flash around and scratch even though I cannot see them??

Actually I was under the immpression that turning up the heat was to make your fish more active, thus making their immune system crank up a notch and fight ich, and the water changes helped screw with the ich cycle. What ever ich is, it's always in your tank, it's just when your fish get really stressed out or have a few cold chills they start to actually 'get' ich. And some fish I've heard are hard to treat with meds, like neon tetras and catfish.

Most reactions

Back